How to Whiten Teeth? Natural / OTC Products
Teeth whitening in the Philippines has gone through drastic improvements in the last few years. More than ever, teeth whiteners is easily accessed in the market with an almost infinite set of likeoptions. From do-it-yourself ones to over-the-counter products, one can even say that the solution on how to whiten yellow teeth is within reach.
However, such accessibility comes with underlying risks. Both the commercial products and at-home bleaching agents pose a threat if not handled carefully. The item that’s supposed to remove stains on your teeth might become the reason for worsening your oral health.
But fear not, as we will drive through some of the basic topics to keep you, reader, informed. Starting from the best teeth whitening in a natural way to guides on teeth whitening products, this article can leave you a tip or two on how to do just that.
How to perform teeth whitening natural?
Before the over-the-counter or commercialized whiteners were introduced in the market, people were already using natural remedies. Most of these easy-to-perform treatments are still used today. Here are some of the known teeth whitening natural treatments.
1.Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide Mixture
Aside from its use in making delicious cookies, baking soda is also a popular ingredient in teeth whiteners. In fact, some of the well-known toothpaste brands use this item along with hydrogen peroxide. Baking soda has numerous advantages when it comes to teeth whitening; it reduces bacteria, plaque build-up, and is inexpensive. This along with hydrogen peroxide, another bleaching agent, makes one of the best teeth whitening natural treatments.
To make the mixture, just combine a teaspoon of baking soda with two teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide before gently brushing on your teeth.
Originating from India, this bleaching method is another effective solution on how to whiten yellow teeth. Put a tablespoon of coconut oil (if you don’t have one, you can use sesame oil or sunflower oil) before pushing and pulling the oil through your teeth. Do this for 15 to 20 minutes prior to spitting it off the trash.
Take note that this teeth whitening natural method is not scientifically proven to be effective but the same is known to reduce bacteria in the mouth.
3. Healthy Living
This is by far, in terms of a natural way of bleaching the teeth, the best solution out there. A healthy living to get and maintain that pearly white teeth include:
- not eating stain-producing food and beverage (e.g. red wines, heavy sauces, meat, teas, coffee, and sugar),
- not smoking,
- eating fruits and vegetables particularly strawberries and pineapples; and,
- brushing and flossing regularly.
Guide in choosing teeth whitening products
As mentioned earlier, there are varieties of teeth whitening products that are in the market today. Some are effective, some are not. In the end, the decision of what to use is still in your hands that is why it is only important to be aware of some of the best choices you could bet on. After researching multiple sources, we were able to round up the most effective whitener products the customers use on how to whiten yellow teeth.
1.Teeth whitening kits
This kind of teeth whitening product looks almost similar to in-office treatments, especially the procedure. The only main difference is that using this kit does not need professional supervision; you can apply it by yourself. Normally, teeth whitening kits come with important pieces including custom trays, gel agent, LED light, pen whiteners, and, of course, an instruction.
This product strictly follows a procedure so make sure that you read it beforehand. Teeth whitening kits can be purchased online or through your dentist’s recommendation.
2. Charcoal Toothpaste
Lately, the name of activated charcoal has been all around the place of different use. And now, this toxin-absorbing item has entered the tooth whitening product formulas. This ingredient effectively removes toxins and other bacterias in the mouth preventing tooth decay and discoloration. Some studies, however, do not prescribe its everyday use as it may cause discomfort to your teeth and gums. But, the case depends on the formula.
The Smile Bar’s HiWhite Charcoal Black Mint Toothpaste is available for daily use (know more about the product here).
3. Teeth whitening strips
Another easy-to-apply item, teeth whitening strips surely gets its spot at the top of the list. Aside from its accessibility, this teeth whitening product is convenient to use and takes less time of application compared to others. You can purchase these strips online or in your local store.
Comparison on the teeth whitening price in the Philippines
Now with the exception of the costs of teeth whitening natural treatments, let us walk you through the teeth whitening price in the Philippines.
- Whitening Toothpaste: These hydrogen peroxide-based items can be purchased for as low as 90 pesos up to more than 1000 pesos. The price typically depends on the ingredients used and its brand.
- Charcoal Toothpaste: Meanwhile, this kind of whitening toothpaste is available for as low as 90 pesos also up to more than 1000 pesos. You can purchase The Smile Bar’s HiWhite Charcoal Black Mint Toothpaste for half the mentioned ceiling cap and secure yourself a safe and effective whitening product.
- Teeth whitening strips: You can get whitening strips for 46 pesos only (the lowest teeth whitening price in the Philippines yet) with 2 non-reusable pieces. Obviously, the offer is not for a long-term commitment but can be conveniently used for on-the-spot application needs. The price, however, can go as high as 2300 pesos with 40 strips which is good for 20 treatments. Normally at this rate, the product gives a better whitening effect with advanced seal technology and other professionally-made features.
- Teeth whitening kits: Due to its equipment-intensive procedure, the starting price of this kind of dentifrice is relatively higher than others — starting at 900 pesos. It can even go for more than 3500 pesos depending on the manufacturer or distributor.
- In-office Treatment: Whitening treatments administered by dental professionals always come with an extra cost given the intensive procedure used. A session may cost you at least 4000 pesos and may go up as high as 28500 with 12 whitening sessions. This may be the highest teeth whitening price in the Philippines but the services you’d receive would be worth every penny.
Natural or Market Products: How to whiten yellow teeth?
To recap: you can primarily respond on how to whiten yellow teeth in two ways — natural and using over-the-counter products. Both of them are good and cost-effective but they tend to part ways when it comes to sustainability. With the ever-increasing improvements in the bleaching industry, teeth whitening products become increasingly centered in long-term applicability and efficiency. Maybe, it is only a matter of time when at-home DIY remedies may be completely forgotten.
Meanwhile, another thing to consider is the availability of in-office treatments. Compared to the previously mentioned methods, this kind of treatment is significantly better in terms of safety, effectiveness, and speed. You can book at The Smile Bar to see it for yourself.
Remember: in choosing a solution-method on how to whiten yellow teeth, try to carefully assess what’s good for you. Better, get some opinions from trained professionals.