How to Whiten Teeth at Home in One Day?
How to Whiten Teeth at Home in One Day; Whether it’s for physical coffee meetings or virtual gatherings in Zoom, we tend to make ourselves presentable for others. And so we fix our hair, do skin-care routines, wear tidy clothes, and, most importantly, ready our smiles.
Except for the latter, we can do almost every needed preparation even at short notice. Achieving a bright white smile, after all, may take you years, if not months, of effort.
But, it shouldn’t always be the case.
Because believe it or not there are different ways on how to whiten teeth at home in one day. By utilizing advanced technologies and performing simple tricks, you can lighten up the shade of your teeth even within only 20 minutes! From in-office treatment to home remedies to whiten teeth, we’ve rounded it all up for you to easily navigate and choose what best fits your liking.
Using baking soda to whiten teeth and remove stains
Over the last few years, there has been a growing debate if it’s effective to use baking soda to whiten teeth. A 2017 study answered the query with a positive note. Not only do baking soda-based dentifrices lighten teeth with their natural whitening properties but also, the researchers added, effectively remove stains.
Also known as sodium bicarbonate, baking soda is very mildly abrasive which aids in removing stains on your teeth while not causing the outer layer (enamel) to erode. This is important to know as some whitening toothpaste and DIY remedies abrupt the condition of the enamel that gives rise to discoloration.
There are many methods of using baking soda to whiten teeth, but let’s dive through the most common and effective ones:
- With toothpaste: You can purchase toothpaste with baking soda in its solution or, if you already have an oral hygiene routine, add a small amount of baking soda to your toothpaste (for best and effective whitening toothpaste, browse The Smile Bar’s online store).
- With hydrogen peroxide: Mix two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide (3% solution is ideal) and one tablespoon of baking soda until it reaches a paste-like consistency. Brush your teeth with the formula before leaving it for at least two minutes. Thoroughly rinse your mouth after.
- With water: The most simple way of using baking soda to whiten teeth. Mix half a teaspoon of baking soda with water until it reaches a paste-like consistency. Then apply it by brushing or using your fingers before leaving it for a minute or two and rinsing with water.
Take note: although baking soda is only mildly abrasive, don’t let it sit on your teeth for too long as it can erode the enamel. Moreover, don’t expect an immediate effect; use it every other day for a few weeks.
Other home remedies to whiten teeth (+ what to avoid)
Aside from baking soda treatment, here are some of the most effective home remedies to whiten teeth.
- Fruits and vegetables: Proponents of this solution said the malic acid in strawberries removes discoloration on the surface of your teeth and is best coupled with baking soda to effectively eradicate the stains. The pineapple, meanwhile, contains bromelain which is an enzyme that some toothpastes have and is used to remove stains.
- Teeth whitening strips: One of the home remedies to whiten teeth is this product that has a gel with hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide which is known to effectively lighten the shade of your teeth and remove stains. How it is used is, first, apply it on the surface of your teeth (avoid hitting the gums) before letting it sit for half an hour to 60 minutes. Rinse your mouth after and refrain from consuming stain-producing foods and beverages like colas and heavy sauces.
- Teeth whitening kit: On the rise of such a bleaching industry, this type is one of the leading home remedies to whiten teeth available on both OTC and professional issues. Basically, it’s a kit that contains whitening tools — custom tray, gel, whitening pen, and LED light, among others — that follows a procedure almost similar to in-office treatment except that its price is considerably lower.
On this note, one must always keep in mind the risks affiliated with going for cheaper and easier whitening methods like home remedies. But, you don’t need to run into risks every time.
Book yourself a session with The Smile Bar for a quick, safe, and effective whitening treatment. With its patented whitening system developed by a Swedish company, a bright white smile is guaranteed within only 20 minutes!
Basic guide on teeth bleaching price & product selection
As with the teeth bleaching price, there are also varying teeth whitening products in the market today (e.g. whitening kits, strips, and toothpaste) that offer “fast, effective, and safe” results. However, only a few of them stay true to their commitments. This is why it is only important for one to know proper standards in choosing their product, price-wise and quality-wise.
- Teeth whitening strips: The price of these products ranges from 140 pesos to 3100 pesos depending on the brand and number of strips included in the box. In looking for the best strips, search for a product with a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution. A high concentration of this ingredient (like 30% which is present in some) may damage your enamel. Make sure you pay not only for the best teeth bleaching price but also for safety.
- Whitening toothpaste: The price of these products ranges from at least 90 pesos up to more than 1000 pesos depending, again, on the brand, size, and purpose. Apart from hydrogen peroxide solution, beware also of the fluoride concentration. At low concentration, this may reduce the risk of tooth decay, but in such high exposure, fluoride may cause dental fluorosis. Look for FDA-approved products to ensure your toothpaste is both safe and effective. (For such you may avail of The Smile Bar’s Brilliant Smile Whitening Toothpaste).
- Charcoal Toothpaste: Teeth bleaching price for this type may range from 90 pesos up to more than 1000 pesos. Charcoal toothpaste is known for its whitening effects and absorption of toxins. However, not all products of this kind contain fluoride which in turn weakens the enamel. Look for a charcoal toothpaste that has both like the HiWhite Charcoal Black Mint Toothpaste.
How to whiten teeth at home in one day? (guaranteed)
Given its lower price and high accessibility, home remedies are good and all until risks enter the set of variables needed to be considered. Some teeth whitening kits, for example, follow a specific procedure which, if not correctly utilized may give rise to undesirable effects (e.g. irritated gums, nausea, and vomiting). This is not to discourage you from chasing possible solutions on how to whiten teeth in one day, weeks, or month, but to go for the safe bet. It’s highly recommended to leave such matters to the professionals. The Smile Bar Philippines offers direct whitening treatment services at such affordable prices (compared to other related businesses). Geared with its patented whitening technology from Sweden, a brilliant white smile is guaranteed in the safest, effective, and quickest way.
Now you have all the key to know how to whiten teeth at home in one day!